Biodentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), is an increasingly common procedure that introduces hormones into your body to resolve the symptoms associated with hormone decline or imbalance. These hormones are chemically identical to those produced in your body and include testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, and adrenal hormones.
The hormones used in BHRT are “natural” and identical to those produced in your body, which makes them safer for our clients. Our treatments have proven to be beneficial to people of all ages, especially women in the perimenopause or menopause stages to help them manage the associated symptoms that include:
- Night sweats
- Hot flashes
- Memory loss
- Mood swings
- Sleep problems
- Weight gain
- Low libido and pain during sex
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can also help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and bone loss, and help to manage other problems associated with:
- Aging - by improving skin hydration, elasticity, and thickness and reducing wrinkles
- Cancer - by restoring normal estrogen levels and providing relief from treatment-related symptoms including insomnia, migraines, low libido, and incontinence
- Thinning hair
- Exhaustion and less energy
- Reduced concentration, memory problems, brain fog
Before trying bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, we recommend that you first discuss other treatment options with our Evolve Healthcare physicians Woodland Hills or Calabasas, such as diet, exercise, stress management and others. Depending on your case, we may integrate BHRT in your treatment plan to optimize your health and recovery.